Explore Local Weekend! Places to Walk, Bike
For upcoming Valentine’s weekend – February 12-14, 2021 – or any weekend, these are some picturesque places to walk, bike, or run in West Columbia and Cayce, South Carolina. All walking trails are pet-friendly (except the zoo, of course) and enjoyable for professional runners as well as beginner hikers. Trails are ADA accessible. Turn your Valentine’s weekend into a staycation or vacation right here in West Columbia, Cayce and Springdale. There’s plenty to do outdoors here in a friendly, safe city! Explore Local. Love Local.
A few places to go for a walk, hike, run, jog, canoe, or bike:
- Walk along the new art displays at State Street and take some selfies for your ig account – Instagram worthy! Coffee is nearby at Piecewise! Art begins at 2007 State Street, Cayce
- Riverbanks Zoo – Free Fridays in February (only Lexington and Richland County residents receive free admission)
- Riverwalk – Enter at 109 Alexander Rd., West Columbia OR enter at at 201 Naples Ave., Cayce
- For an outdoor adventure, contact Palmetto Outdoor. They will give you everything you need, including a tour guide, to paddle down the Congaree River! Click here.
- Timmerman Trail – A beautiful place for bird watching and wildlife photography! 12th St Ext. at Otarre Pkwy, Cayce, SC 29033
- If you need a new bike or you need a repair, no worries! Local bike shop Dialed Bicycles Repair & Service can help! Click here for info.
- The 12,000 Year History Park is open during daylight hours. 1120 Fort Congaree Tr., Cayce (Restrooms available at the Tennis Center across the street, when center is open)
Visiting Columbia or Lexington, SC for business or a family event? Explore Local and Stay Local in Cayce or West Columbia! Lots of quality, safe, and clean hotels nearby! Enjoy our miles of local parks, hiking and biking trails, southern foods, craft beer spots. Spend the next day antique and vintage shopping! Make it a vacation! Click here for a wide variety of nearby hotels!