Labor Day weekend is right around the corner! Plan a get-away with lots of nature! We’ve got some ideas & deals for you!
Walk among Spanish moss at the Riverbanks Zoo & Garden OR float down the river under the moss with a guided tour!
Things to do:
- Riverbanks Zoo & Botanical Gardens - South Carolina’s leading destination attraction! Check out the West Columbia zoo entrance!
- The Riverwalk Park – 25+ miles of biking, walking, fishing, bird watching, and dip your feet in the water – you can even float down the river on a deluxe tube with Palmetto Outdoor
- Art Mural Tour – All within walking distance! Take cool pics in Cayce and West Columbia with over 15 murals! Make your own pottery or buy some at State of the Art Gallery!
- Shopping – Antiques and thrift stores offer bargains at every turn! Try Old Mill Antique Mall, The Warehouse, State Street Trading Co., 763 Antique Mall, Three Rivers Antiques, and Thrift Avenue.
- Live Music – Chayz Lounge for an elegant night of jazz & soul; Steel Hands Brewery also has music most nights and is pet-friendly.
- Baseball games at Segra Park on Sept 3, 4, and 5th. Fireworks on Saturday. Must see this cool baseball park!
- History – Take a free, guided walk “Battle of Congaree Creek, Civil War” at the 12,000 year park on Saturday Sept. 4 at 10:00 am. Visit the Cayce Historical Museum 2-5 pm Sat. and Sun.
View from Riverbanks Zoo and the woodland walk from the Riverbanks Zoo West Columbia entrance.
Photo of Wingate by Wyndam, a hotel convenient to the Riverbanks Zoo West Columbia entrance, the Riverwalk park and more!
Free breakfast and discount at the DoubleTree by Hilton: Click link to access discount:
10% off hotel room at Wingate by Wyndham: Click link to access discount:
For a list of all hotels, click here!
Try a legendary burger or steak from The Kingsman in Cayce, SC