Wynton Marsalis @ the Koger Center – Stay Here the weekend!
Sunday, May 2 – The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra Septet with Wynton Marsalis
Coming to the concert? Then stay in West Columbia or Cayce, just a few miles from the Koger Center. We also have a local jazz lounge, Chayz Lounge, as well as other music-friendly cafes and bars.
Our area of Cayce and West Columbia surrounding Colonial Life Arena area offers safety and:
Close Interstate access (I-77, I-26 and I-20) and near the Columbia Metropolitan Airport
Local beer and wine breweries with outdoor patios and live music most weekends
Friendly, music-loving people (check out Chayz Lounge for jazz)
Farm-to-table cafes and southern foodie eats
Vintage, antiques, pottery, art, and thrift stores
Safe running & biking trails at our major parks
All types of Transportation available from Signature Transportation including limos
Our river is warm for fishing all year round!
You’re within a few miles of a National Park (Congaree)
Make it a long weekend and enjoy all that we have to offer! Click here for places to stay within 9 miles of the Center!
The Koger Center for the Arts, ColaJazz Foundation, and UofSC School of Music present
The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra Septet with Wynton Marsalis
A monumental moment for arts and culture in the Midlands is here! The Koger Center for the Arts in conjunction with the ColaJazz Foundation and the UofSC School of Music is proud to announce that the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra Septet with Wynton Marsalis will perform live at the Koger Center for the Arts on Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. Led by internationally acclaimed trumpeter Wynton Marsalis, the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra Septet is comprised of seven of the world’s finest soloists, ensemble players, and arrangers in jazz music today. The distinguished Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra is lauded worldwide as the globe’s preeminent jazz ensemble, and the musicians from the orchestra performing as a septet with Wynton Marsalis will present an evening of newly composed works and arrangements by Marsalis and featured JLCO members with a focused theme of freedom and democracy.
Members of the Jazz at Lincoln Center Septet for this concert include:
• Wynton Marsalis, Trumpet/Music Director
• Walter Blanding, Tenor Saxophone
• Victor Goines, Alto Saxophone
• Chris Crenshaw, Trombone
• Dan Nimmer, Piano
• Carlos Henriquez, Bass
• Obed Calvaire, Drums
Nothing is more important to us than your safety. We have followed the guidance of national public health and venue experts to modify and enhance our operating procedures. With your health in mind we have implemented the following steps:
- All shows at the Koger Center for the Arts now feature socially-distance seating.
- All tickets for this performance are sold as pairs or singles.
- Face covering must be worn at all times.
- We have upgraded air filters through-out the Koger Center.
- Hand sanitizer is available through-out the lobby.
- We have increased cleaning and disinfecting, particularly on high touch services.
- Performers will be a minimum of 12 feet from the audience.
- Guests will maintain a six-foot distance while in lobby lines.
- In an effort to encourage patrons who are feeling ill or have been exposed to someone who is ill to stay home, The Koger Center is making all tickets fully refundable, right up until show time. We want to allow patrons to be responsible about their health and the health of others, without worrying about their tickets.